Statistical methods for genomic and proteomic data, Threshold regression models for risk assessments (e.g. cancer, environment), Statistical applications in microbiology and pharmacokinetics.
Analysis of genomic and proteomic data; analysis of time-to-event data; rank tests for clustered data; statistical applications in environmental and occupational health studies, epidemiology studies, microbiology and pharmaco epidemiology; applied probability models; multivariate distributions.
Association, Boston Chapter
- 2005 Elected Fellow, the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, USA
- 1999 Elected Fellow, the American Statistical Association, USA
- 1998 Elected Fellow, Royal Statistical Society, United Kingdom
- 1995 Elected Member, International Statistical Institute, the Netherlands
- 1979 Outstanding Student, American Statistical Association
- 1979 Teplitz-Culver Award: Outstanding Student in Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh, PA
2005 Mosteller Statistician of the Year 2005, American Statistical