MALDI-Mass Spectrometry Imaging of Drug Metabolism
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
University of Maryland Baltimore, School of Pharmacy
For More Information:
University of Maryland Baltimore
School of Pharmacy
20 N. Pine Street in Baltimore, MD
Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization – mass spectrometry imaging (MALDI-MSI) is an analytical technique that allows for spatial characterization of the molecular content of intact tissues or cell culture via mass spectrometry. This analytical approach has been useful for following drug metabolism and mapping drug distribution, as well as for evaluating local cellular changes or side effects of drug substances. Use of MALDI-MSI as a drug development tool has benefits and challenges but is also amenable to novel drug development systems.
Topics of discussion may include:
- Using MALDI-MSI to bridge biology and chemistry in drug development
- Using unique cell-based models to study toxicity
- Accessibility of MALDI-MSI technology
- Use of MALDI-MSI for drug distribution studies
- Use of diverse data sources to aid in the prediction of drug action based upon molecular descriptors
Speaker presentations will be followed by a panel discussion on MALDI-MSI as a drug development tool. Discussion will include current challenges, status of adoption by industry, and potential regulatory impact.
Register Online Now
This Event is For: Public