It's big but is it useful? A scientific inquiry into how mobile health and social media may inform medical product safety.
This half–day conference will seek to answer important scientific questions about using two of the most ubiquitous and fastest growing data sources, mobile health data and social media data, focusing especially on the implications for product safety. These data sources create unique and hitherto unavailable opportunities, but there are important questions that need to be answered. This workshop will bring together thought leaders from industry, academia, and the regulatory communities to reflect on the opportunities and challenges that these new data sources create.
Questions the workshop will seek to address include:
- What is the current landscape of mobile health and social media data and what does the future hold?
- What new technologies and tools are needed to support useful, nearer real-time? analysis of mobile health and social media data?
- What are the methodological opportunities and challenges in making sense of these data?
- How can we understand trust and influence within social media data?
- What role should standards and interoperability play in mobile health
To view the presentations from this workshop please visit:
The video recording is available by accessing the following links: